Celebrating the huge watermelon industry in Knox County with some summertime fun - the 2022 Watermelon Festival will be on Friday, August 5 & Saturday, August 6 in Vincennes, IN. Enjoy booths with fair food favorites, live music, and arts & craft vendors. Thank you to our presenting sponsor, Sparklight.
We're excited to bring back the Watermelon Pageant to the Watermelon Festival! We will have 3 categories: Baby/Toddler, Tiny/Teen and our Queen pageant.
Forms for the pageant are now LIVE and can be downloaded by clicking the buttons below. Please print & fill out your form, and return it to the Knox County Chamber of Commerce with payment by August 3 at Noon. You can mail your forms to PO Box 553, Vincennes, IN. or can drop them off in person at our office, located at 702 Main Street in Vincennes.
Below is some generic information about the pageants:
- The pageant fee is $30/child. This includes a t-shirt that they will receive on Saturday when they check in.
- The Tiny/Teen and Queen contestants will have a rehearsal on Wednesday, August 3rd at 6:00 PM at Patrick Henry Square with Pageant Director, Elizabeth Hardin.
- The pageants will take place on Saturday, August 6th. The Baby/Toddler pageant will begin at 10:00 AM on the stage. Check in will be to the left side of the stage. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to get checked in.
- Our Tiny/Teen and Queen pageants will take place starting at 3:00 PM on the stage. Check in will be to the left of the stage. Please arrive 15-20 minutes early to get checked in.
- Forms are due on Wednesday, August 3rd by Noon.
For other questions about the pageants, please contact the Knox County Chamber of Commerce at 812-882-6440.
The Chamber is excited to announce the Watermelon Festival 5K Run/Walk, presented by Old National Bank, on Saturday, August 6. The route takes runners on a beautiful glimpse around historic Vincennes, finishing at the Watermelon Festival grounds. Awards will be presented to top performers in all age groups.
When: Saturday, August 6, 2022
Time: 8:00 am Start
Where: Patrick Henry Square (The Run will start at Patrick Henry Square Vincennes, IN and end in the 200 block of Main Street.)
Vendor Booth Information
We are now accepting vendors for the 2022 Watermelon Festival.
To participate as a vendor in the Watermelon Festival, you will need to complete the enclosed forms. Please mail or deliver the forms and payment to the Knox County Chamber of Commerce office by July 22, 2022. Register by this date to be added as an official vendor of the festival. Prior to the event, an e-mail will be sent confirming vendor space and details regarding the weekend.
About the Festival
Celebrating the huge watermelon industry in Knox County with some summertime fun - the Watermelon Festival is traditionally held on the first full weekend in August. This event is boasting of booths with fair food favorites, live music, pageants, and of course, watermelon!