Leadership Knox County
We are not currently accepting applications for the 2022-23 class. Please check back in the Spring of 2023 for our 2023-24 class applications.
ABOUT THE PROGRAM
Leadership Knox County consists of monthly sessions held from September through May.
You'll learn through:
- personal experiences and self-assessments
- small group activities and discussions
- panels and networking opportunities with local and regional business, nonprofit, education, and government leaders.
Graduates of the program will receive a certificate and will become part of a growing network of Leadership Knox County alumni working to improve life in their communities.
you're interested in enhancing your knowledge about your community and are willing to get involved, this program is for YOU!
Confident, skilled and knowledgeable leaders are needed to guide organizations and communities through the challenges they face in today's changing environment. More leaders are needed to step up to the plate to get involved and create a more productive Knox County.
This leadership development training program is tailored to those interested in community volunteerism and those who want to make a difference in their community.
- Getting to Know My County
- Identifying My Leadership Style
- Interpersonal Communication
- Managing Conflict
- Navigating Difference
- Getting Involved in My County
- Serving on Nonprofit Boards
- Exploring Economic Development
- Exploring Education in Knox Co.
- Learning Local Government
- Building a Healthy Community
- Indiana Statehouse Visit
Contact Jamie Neal at firstname.lastname@example.org or (812) 882-6440 for more information.
The program fee is $500. Applications are closed for the 2022-23 class.
Youth Leadership Knox County
The Youth Leadership Knox County program is designed to identify, nurture and promote future leaders in Knox County. The program will develop educated and inspired youth leaders by providing opportunities to learn team building, community service, and event planning. YLKC is a 9 month program consisting of event planning sessions, a group project, and two leadership conferences.
Our goal with the YLKC program is to teach the students to respect themselves, elders, our community and property. Our students will learn to make commitments, give without expecting anything in return, learn the value of teamwork, and increase their knowledge and understanding of the value of our community and surrounding areas.
- Demonstrate an interest to serve Knox County
- Be available to commit the time necessary to complete the program
- Be a high school junior
- Maintain a minimum 3.0 GPA
- Provide own transportation
- Complete the Youth Leadership Knox County application
- Provide two letters of reference and/or character
If you'd like more information on the Youth Leadership Knox County program, please contact one of our class facilitators.
Courtney Welage - email@example.com